The Barossa Valley with its Bavarian villages, baroque Italienate Chateaux and stunning vineyard scenery gives a unique mix of Europe in Australia.
The beauty of the Adelaide Hills is its quaint yet charming villages, so close yet so removed from the city bustle of Adelaide.
The German settlement of Hahndorf with its arts and crafts, cottage industry shops, pubs, traditional small goods and bakeries evoke the tastes and smells of Bavaria.
- Scenic tour following the Torrens River through the spectacular Torrens Gorge
- Skirt Kangaroo Creek Reservoir and Millbrooke Reservoir
- Williamstown with its beautiful stone buildings
- Lyndoch Bakery - the aroma of fresh coffee and pastries! Enjoy a complimentary coffee or tea and a German sampler plate of sweet treats
- Learn the winemaking process on a guided 'Behind the Scenes' tour at Richmond Grove Wines, located in a charming historic chateau
- View the original winery built in 1897 with traditional winemaking equipment
- Enjoy a tutored wine tasting incorporating basic wine education
- Take in panoramic views over the Barossa Valley from Mengler's Hill lookout
- Enjoy a sumptuous two course lunch at Barossa Chateau
- Opportunity to taste Australian wines at Creek Wines
- Visit Australia's oldest German settlement - Hahndorf
- Stroll under the Elm trees along Hahndorf's main street
- See quaint cottages, craft shops and tea rooms
- Villages of Crafers, Stirling and Aldgate set amongst the lush greenness of the Adelaide Hills
- Delightful village of Bridgewater with Bridgewater Mill and Waterwheel.
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Morning tea at Lyndoch Bakery with coffee/tea
- Wine tasting at Richmond Grove Wines
- Lunch at Barossa Chateau
- An opportunity for wine tasting at Creek Wines
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge if they do not occupy a seat.
- This tour will operate with an alternate itinerary on Good Friday.