Be taken to a food market for a 5 tier wine tasting and then to a local restaurant for a 3-course meal - Hungarian food is raved about as being the best in the region!
Don't get caught up in some touristy place trying watered down goulash.
We will take you on a tour to a local food market and even throw in a wine tasting stop to give you a complete picture of what everyone is raving about. Hungarian food, wine, spirits and hospitality are known around the world. Join us and find out why!
On our tour we will provide you with an overview of the typical Hungarian menus we eat and drink on a daily basis. Learn how our food is prepared and know the exact ingredients that go into making the meals. A 5-tier wine tasting depicting the typical well-known wines of Hungary and the meaning and significance behind each one will also be on our itinerary.
First stop is the great market hall for an overview of the produce used in our culinary kitchen. We will visit market stalls, learning all about the ways we use the paprika spice, what vegetables grow in our region, which meats are most commonly served (and how) plus all the funny things Hungarian like to eat.
After the market, we will visit a typical local restaurant for our taster portion of the tour. Here you will get to try the famous tasty beef goulash soup, two types of main courses with a garnish while washing it down with a beverage of choice (mineral water, soft drink, glass of wine or beer). A typical Hungarian dessert will be served last.
Before lunch, we visit a wine shop for wine tasting and a lecture on the wines you will try. We will learn about the deeper meaning behind Hungarian wines and the significance they played in history and how they are now shaping the wine world.
- Visit to the great market hall
- Overview on the produce and food history
- 5 tier wine tasting
- Cup of soup, main course with garnish, dessert and beverage for lunch
- The secret to good Hungarian cooking - ingredients and recipes
- Tips on where to go and eat while you are in Budapest
- Private English-speaking guide
- 5 tier wine tasting
- 3-course meal with beverage
- Market Hall visit stops (for photos and questions)
- Pick-up option
- Entrance fees to sights and museums
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour serves non-kosher food and wine products. Vegetarians can and will be accommodated if notified at the beginning of the tour.
- If and when market hall is closed and it is not a national holiday, it will be substituted with a local grocery store.
- Children below 8 years old are free of charge.
- This program is not led by a professional sommelier.
- The walking tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.