View the Churches of St. Francis and St. Claire in Assisi, the Piazza del Campo and the Municipal Palace in Siena, the Piazza del Duomo and the Cathedral in Florence, Donatello's masterpiece, the "Gattamelata" in Padua and visit the famous Square of St. Mark and the Bridge of Sighs in Venice.
Saturday ROME - ASSISI - SIENA - FLORENCE
Early morning, departure for ASSISI, the mystic town of Saint Francis still surrounded by ancient walls. Visit the Basilica of Saint Francis with its early Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue. Proceed on to SIENA, the beautiful medieval city renown for the Palio. Then on to FLORENCE. Dinner and overnight.
Buffet breakfast. Guided sightseeing tour of the cradle of the Renaissance. Visit the beautiful Piazza del Duomo, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistery of St. John, the Academy of Fine Arts Gallery housing the "David" by Michelangelo, and Santa Croce, the 13th century Franciscan church with Cimabue's famous crucifix. Rest of the day at leisure for optional sightseeing or shopping. Dinner and overnight.
Monday FLORENCE - PADUA - VENICE
Buffet breakfast. Departure for PADUA, where you will visit the famous Cathedral of St. Anthony, guarded by Donatello's "Gattamelata". Continue on to VENICE, and upon arrival enjoy a guided walking tour of this unique city. You will see the Piazza and Basilica of St. Mark, the Doge's Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Prisons. Dinner and overnight.
Continental breakfast. Morning tour to a glass factory in Murano (optional shopping) by motorlaunch. Dinner and overnight.
5 Wednesday VENICE
After a buffet breakfast we depart for Tuscany, known for its historical church's and castles. We will visit Montepulciano, a medieval town famous for its "nobile" wine and for the annual Jazz Festival. In the afternoon we will return to Rome, where the tour will conclude.
- Assisi: View of the Churches of St. Francis and St. Claire
- Siena: View of Piazza del Campo and the Municipal Palace
- Florence: Visit the Accademia home of Michelangelo's "David"
- Padua: See Donatello's masterpiece, the "Gattamelata"
- Venice: Visit the famous Square of St. Mark and the Bridge of Sighs
SCENIC DRIVES ALONG THE WAY
- The beautiful Autostrada del Sole
- The Tuscan countryside through medieval towns
- The lovely Emilia Romagna region
- The Veneto region, world famous for its Villa of Palladio
06:30/07:00 Pick up at hotels
07:15 Meet at agency
07:30 Departure from agency
- Accommodation at 3 Star hotels with down-town location
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Four dinners
- Service charges and taxes
- Ground transportation by deluxe motorcoach
- Assistance during the tour
- Sightseeing tours as indicated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance fees to museums
- Florence: Hotel Grifone or similar
- Venice: Hotel Continental or similar
- Tour Operator reserves the right to provide hotels of similar category if the circumstances make it necessary, at no additional cost or refund.
- Child rates apply for one child sharing the same room with 2 adults in double accommodations. Date of birth must be advised at the moment of booking.
- Booked hotels are not available before 12 noon.
- Tours are multilingual: English, French and Spanish.
- Passengers are allowed to carry maximum one piece of luggage per person on the tours.