Leave Rome behind and see panoramic Naples, visit historic Pompeii and Sorrento before taking a boat to Capri where you can see the Gardens of Augustus where you can get a splendid view of the Faraglioni.
Our excursion begins with a short panoramic tour of Naples where we will see the Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Maschi Angioino, Castel dell'Ovo, the San Carlo Opera House, Gallero of Umberto I and proceed towards the hill of Posillipo where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Gulf of Naples and the famous Mount Vesuvius, which was regarded by the ancient Greeks and Romans as sacred to the hero Hercules.
We will have lunch when we arrive in Pompeii, a town-city which will give us a detailed insight about life during the height of the Roman Empire. After lunch, we will visit the excavations in this famous Roman city which was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Dinner will be served in Sorrento, where we will spend the night in a first-class hotel.
The second day will start with breakfast at the hotel before going on a ferryboat ride to Capri. We will visit the Blue Grotto, a cavern which was Tiberius' private swimming pool and blue waters which are reflected on the cavern walls. Upon return to the Marina Grande, we will head to Anacapri for lunch and meet at the Piazzetta, the island's most famous meeting place. From here, we will visit the Gardens of Augustus, a fine example of the botanical ornamentation where one will get a view of the townscape.
See each named rock of the Faraglioni, three rocks which survived the coastal landslide. Observe Stella, the first rock still attached to the land, the second rock Faraglioni de Mezzo separated from Stella by a stretch of water and Scopolo or the head which stretches out to the sea. This view will be a memorable end before we go on a ferry ride back to Sorrento and drive back to Rome (expected time of arrival - approximately 21:30).
Timetable Summer 2011
06:30/07:00 Pick up at hotels
07:15 Meet at agency
07:30 Departure from agency
- Panoramic tour of Naples
- Lunch at Pompeii
- 2-hour tour of excavations in Pompeii
- Dinner in Sorrento
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Ferryboat to Capri
- Marina Grande and visit to Blue Grotto (weather and sea conditions permitting)
- Lunch in Anacapri
- Drop-off at hotel in Rome or the immediate vicinity.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned deluxe coach
- Entrance tickets
- 4-star hotel accommodations in Sorrento
- Roundtrip ferry to Sorrento/Capri
- Services of a tour guide
- Assistance of qualified personnel
- visit of the Blue Grotto weather permitting
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the program
- Visits inside Naples attractions
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
G.H. Vesuvio, G.H. Bristol or similar
- Return to Rome at around 21:30.
- Tour Operator reserves the right to provide hotels of similar category if the circumstances make it necessary, at no additional cost or refund.
- Child rates apply for one child sharing the same room with 2 adults in double accommodations. Date of birth must be advised at the moment of booking.
- Booked hotels are not available before 12 noon.